Aerodrome Electrical Inspector
(Fixed Term – 12 months)
Perth Based, with frequent site work
AMS is currently seeking applications for the role of Aerodrome Electrical Inspector, based at our Perth head office. This position is fixed term, 12 months, 38 hours per week, with frequent travel and ad-hoc site work which will necessitate overtime. The successful applicant will be working within a company experienced in all facets of airport design and operation. The role can include flexible working arrangements, with free parking at our Perth head office.
AMS is an Electrical Contractor in WA (EC010503), QLD (79117), NT (C3990), Victoria (30376) and SA (PGE 271565).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role will assist the Aerodrome Electrical Inspections Lead to provide a specialist consultancy capability addressing compliance of airfield lighting systems through frequent inspections and reporting, requiring client interaction, which will necessitate the need for a competent, largely autonomous individual that is able to represent the AMS brand with confidence.
- A grade Electrical Trade Certificate endorsed for Western Australia; other states desirable but not essential
- A self-starter and self-motivated individual is required, along with the ability to work alone
- 5 years’ experience after apprenticeship in a broad field of Electrical systems; including but not limited to commercial and industrial construction experience; pit and duct installation; cable hauling; erection of poles; construction of basic concrete footings
- Ability to supervise sub-contractors, particularly for civil works (footings, pit, and duct installation)
- Demonstrated fault-finding capability
- Being presentable and demonstrated ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to come up with solutions to the task at hand with minimal or no direct supervision
- Able to manage and schedule workload to account for changing priorities
- Ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Valid Australian Driver’s License (Class C); and
- Must be comfortable working away from Perth on a regular basis. Site work is ad-hoc depending on projects won and project timelines; generally, a 2:1 site roster is proposed but this may differ per site requirements
- A vocational certificate/diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related discipline will be viewed favorably but is not essential
- Previous experience in airfield lighting systems is highly valued but not essential
- Experience in radio communications is highly valued but not essential
Attractive remuneration offered to the successful applicant. Applications consisting of a cover letter addressing the “Demonstrated” essential criteria, a current resume and at least two contactable referees and should be marked “Private and confidential” and emailed to: email@example.com as soon as possible. Feel free to send any queries regarding the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone and an interview time arranged.
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Indigenous people to apply.
Applicants must be willing to provide evidence of COVID vaccination, undergo a full medical which includes Drug & Alcohol testing and be subject to random testing for drugs and alcohol in accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Regulations. AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage men and women of all ages and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Indigenous people to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for these positions.
How to apply
Applications consisting of a cover letter addressing the “Demonstrated” essential criteria, a current resume and at least two contactable referees and should be marked “Private and confidential” and emailed to: email@example.com as soon as possible. Feel free to send any queries regarding the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.