An opportunity is available in our Finance team in various aspects of the accounting functions, including AP, AR, payroll processing, on cost records, reporting and other associated tasks under the supervision of the Financial Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Daily bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Custodian of petty cash (AUD and USD)
- Ensure timely and accurate data-transfer from other software programs to the accounting software.
- Reconciliation of employee leave provisions.
- Maintain an accurate and timely Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions
- Preparation of all end of month payroll accruals and journals
- Liaison with HR, managers and other authorised parties in relation to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll issues.
- Maintain fixed assets register and depreciation/amortisation schedules.
- Compilation of month end working papers and supporting documents including maintaining monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts and processing general journals as required
- Review and process intercompany transactions.
- Preparation of monthly departmental reports.
- Compilation of passenger numbers to report to airports.
- Preparation and completion of monthly BAS statements
- Preparation and completion of returns for payroll oncosts including payroll tax, workers compensation and FBT
As a result, we are looking for applicants with:
- Experience in an accounting role within a medium to large business
- Strong reconciliation to trial balance skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Understanding of various Awards and EBAs relevant to payroll, with an ability to interpret and apply provision appropriately
- Skills in calculation, reporting and reconciliation of payroll on-costs including Superannuation & Payroll Tax
- Time management skills with ability to achieve deadlines.
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite, with intermediate (or higher) knowledge of Excel / Outlook functionality.
- Attention to detail
Applicants available for an immediate start will be highly desirable.
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on international travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate. As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.