An opportunity is available within our Customer Service Department for a Part-time Customer Service Officer to join our team based at Darwin Airport. The role is responsible for providing efficient check-in and ticket transactions, and acts as the main point of contact for all incoming and outgoing passengers. Hours of work are rostered over a 7-day rotating roster including weekends and public holidays, so it is essential that interested candidates are flexible with their availability.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Passenger checkin and luggage acceptance
- Escorting passengers through the terminal to their departure gates and supervising passenger boarding process;
- Disembarking passengers from aircraft into the airport terminal
- Service desk enquiries including telephone enquiries and processing excess baggage;
- Communicating schedule changes/delays to passengers;
- Handling of mishandled, damaged baggage and lost property
- Actively monitoring the workplace for safety hazards and report any concerns;
- Being available to travel and provide relief coverage at Airnorth outports; and
- Obtaining an Aviation Security Identification Card and completing Dangerous Goods training
- Loading and unloading of catering
In addition to being able to carry out the above tasks candidates must be passionate and service driven. The successful candidate will be a team player and ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a front-line customer service environment. Excellent communication skills, a proven commitment to safety and a willingness to be part of a team who provides a professional, efficient and reliable service are required for this role.
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on international travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
Applicants available for an immediate start will be highly desirable. All training will be provided at the commencement of employment.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.