Airnorth are recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Team. The person occupying this position is responsible for carrying out duties concerned with the maintenance of aircraft and aircraft components, in such a manner that requirements under the Civil Aviation Act and Regulations are satisfied.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that Employees under this role’s control perform their duties in a safe and effective manner with due diligence to the requirements of Company procedures (SMS and CPPM) and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure Quality and Safety audit finding remedial and/or corrective action are carried out and implemented in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Responsible Manager, CAMO and Production Planner to ensure the availability of all necessary resources including manpower, facilities, equipment, and Maintenance Data for the scope of Maintenance tasks scheduled.
- Ensuring that all aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance, including defect rectification, is carried out in accordance with the requirements of CASR Part 145, Part 145 MOS and this Exposition.
- Quality control of all maintenance records and certifications produced on-site to ensure they are complete and accurate prior to the release of an aircraft to service and that the integrity of aircraft technical documentation on site is maintained.
- Aircraft maintenance co-ordination and liaising as necessary with relevant personnel of aircraft
operations, responsible CAMOs, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Management of Shift Rosters in accordance with terms & conditions of the Company/Industry Agreement and considering human performance limitations while providing effective business continuity.
- Promotion and compliance of company policies and procedures through all staff under the control of this role.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Engineering.
A person may be suitable to hold the position of Engineering Manager identified in Part 145 Exposition, if the individual has an aircraft maintenance engineer qualification or a related allied trade qualification and the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience or equivalent in matters for which he or she is responsible; or
- At least 2 years’ experience in matters for which he or she is responsible provided he or she has at least an additional 3 years’ experience in civil aircraft maintenance.
- Other Qualifications and experience may be acceptable providing they can be shown to satisfy the intent of the requirements detailed above.
The Engineering Manager should also have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Current regulations of including CASA Part 145 & Part42.
- Expositions, Engineering Procedures Manuals and Quality Systems relating to matters he or she is responsible.
- Formal qualifications in Front line Management
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.