This position is based in Darwin and is responsible for producing maintenance policy that specifies when scheduled maintenance is to be carried out and ensure the continuing airworthiness requirements are met for each type of aircraft operated by Capiteq Limited.
Demonstrated technical abilities (but are not limited to):
- Be responsible for the control of all maintenance carried out on the airline fleet (scheduled or unscheduled), ensuring that all maintenance is carried out on or before the specified flight hours, cycles or due date;
- Ensure work packs are developed and issued by CAM staff to the AMO;
- Ensure acquittal of work packs – entry of data into the CMMS, compilation and filing of documents into appropriate log books;
- Be responsible for maintaining the Routine Task Cards within the CMMS;
- Check that any amendments of the CAPM, AMP’s and MELs meet regulatory and company requirements before submission to CASA or an authorised person for approval;
- The coordination and production of maintenance plans that specify when and where scheduled maintenance is to be carried out;
- Ensure amendment of the Aircraft Maintenance Programs to meet regulatory company requirements;
- Ensure that all reported defects (service difficulties) in the aircraft or its components are investigated and those defects determined to be major defects are reported to CASA in such form and manner as required by CASA;
- Ensure aircraft technical records are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements and transferred to any new Registration Holder for the aircraft;
- Liaise with Flight Operations staff on such matters as aircraft serviceability, scheduling and pilot compliance with the requirements of the CAPM, MSMs, and MELs;
- Liaise between the Maintenance Control planning staff, operations and the AMO to make adjustments to those plans when unscheduled maintenance must be accommodated;
- Liaise with the CASA on airworthiness and maintenance control matters;
- Provide the Pilot Training requirements to the AMO and arrange for the appropriate Pilot training to be conducted by the AMO as required; and
- Ensure effective weight control of the airline fleet.
- Thorough knowledge of the Civil Aviation Act and Regulations;
- Ability to obtain CASA Instrument of Appointment covering Maintenance Control of the company aircraft fleet;
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs
- Ability to author procedure manuals; and
- Ability to interpret and assess aircraft manufacturer technical documentation and report the operational and financial impacts to management.
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on international travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate and, as shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.