Airnorth, part of the Bristow Group, is a leading regional airline operating over 200 services weekly, to 20 destinations in Australia and abroad. In addition, Airnorth operates contract and adhoc charter services for a wide variety of companies including defence, government and resources industries.
Airnorth has been mastering the northern skies for over 40 years and are the Top End’s leading airline and as a result directly employs more than 200 staff in Darwin and provides indirect employment through the contracting of ground service operations across all its destinations.
The General Manager Commercial is responsible for delivering and managing the strategic direction and performance of our Commercial Airline Operations, managing the commercial performance of Airnorth and driving initiatives that deliver a high rate of return to shareholders.
- Lead and manage the Commercial and Sales Team towards their primary safety and business objectives as set out in the Strategic Business Plan;
- Set, manage and maintain the Commercial forecasts and budget;
- Liaise with Governments, Regulators, Airport Owners and other relevant authorities,
- Negotiate, manage and maintain all Qantas and other Airline agreements;
- Oversee and assist in the contract tender to ensure timely and accurate delivery of tenders.
- Identify, develop and enhance new business opportunities in both the RPT and Commercial client arena;
- Provide guidance and liaison for corporate audits of major clients and by Airlines;
- Assist with the strategy and construction of marketing initiatives and plans, including print/digital/radio/television;
- Evaluate, review and approve sponsorship requests and other community projects;
- Oversee the management and strategy of the Airnorth brand;
- In conjunction with Commercial Team analyse route data and route viability;
- Review, approve and monitor all fare structures, pricing changes, schedules, network changes, OTP reporting; and
- Prepare and/or review business cases for new RPT business opportunities.
Essential experience & skills:
- Airline Industry (High-capacity) experience 5 years +;
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or management with high level analytical skills & commercial acumen;
- Proven strategic and business planning skills;
- Extensive experience in general management and have a proven ability to manage and lead a dynamic & diverse team, Develop a portfolio of new and existing major account clients with the emphasis on developing new major accounts;
- Manage tender based opportunities; and
- Identify and qualify potential high profile clients and their respective opportunities which will involve you making presentations at Director-level to determine how best the Company should “manage” each individual client.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate. As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.