occupying this position is to manage all airport operations including Third Party Providers (TPP) to Ground Operations to ensure their effective, accurate and timely adherence to Airnorth Policy & Procedures. This position is integral to maintaining relationships with all providers and will be the primary point of reference/contact for Airnorth providers.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all Ground Handling Agent’s (GHA’s).
- Managing the activities of all GHA’s to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Ensuring Airnorth Policies & Procedures are adhered to by all GHA’s.
- Ensuring the currency and relevance of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreements in place with all GHA’s.
- Reporting to the COO on a six-monthly basis the status (validity) of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreements in place with all GHA’s.
- Reporting to the COO on a Monthly basis the compliance status of all GHA’s.
- Conducting or assisting to conduct supplier audits in accordance with the Safety Management System.
- Acting as an Investigator if required in the Safety Management System for suppliers.
- Drafting Standard Operating Procedures as related to airport operations.
- Maintaining and distributing the airport Capabilities Table.
- Working with other departments to maintain all Airnorth supplied facilities and equipment to the highest standard (e.g. Computer equipment with IT & Communications Manager).
- Regularly reporting on the performance of airports against their SLA.
- Conducting routine airport visits.
- Managing other suppliers (including Catering Providers, Freight Services Providers & Ramp Services Providers).
- Management of budgets and financial processes.
- Assisting with the calculation of budgets and cost models.
- Undertake and complete Employee Training and Development on an annual basis, employee performance appraisals including assess, discuss, and facilitate staff training requirements.
- Substantial Experience in an operational airline environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level knowledge of airline policies & procedures
- Proficiency in analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated high level of accuracy and attention for detail.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products
- Ability to prioritise and time manage.
- Multi task orientated
- Ability to hold an ASIC
- Ability to hold a passport
- Knowledge of airline operating systems such as Altea, CM, Envision
- Knowledge of airport ramp operations for both turboprop and jet aircraft
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines
- Knowledge of the maintenance, supply and use of Ground Services Equipment
Management staff work between the hours of 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday, however, due to operational requirements this position will require additional hours necessary to fulfill all the requirements of the role.
It is expected the incumbent will manage their own time effectively to ensure the objectives of the position are met.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.