eporting to the Manager Network Operations, Network Operations Controllers are responsible for coordinating the day to day delivery of Airnorth’s flight schedule and ensuring efficient use of aircraft, people and other resources. Network Operations Controllers mitigate operational disruption risk, evaluate options and implement recovery plans considering commercial and operational factors to minimising the impact on our customers, cost and revenue loss. The role involves 7-day shift work including early starts and late finishes and is based in Darwin, Northern Territory.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor airline network facilities, environment and operation;
- Allocate and optimise use of resources in coordination of the flight schedule;
- Timely and accurate communication with airports, crew, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Proactive assessment and effective coordination of recovery plans during disruptions;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements;
- Assess and respond to emergency and critical situations as required;
- Maintain operational systems data integrity, activity logs and reporting requirements; and
- Perform the role of Crew Controller and other Operations Control Centre functions as required.
We are looking for an organised and efficient controller who ideally has experience in the aviation industry, preferably within a Network Operations and/or Ground Operations role, demonstrating an understanding of RPT and charter practices. You will be an excellent communicator with a calm approach towards ever-changing operational requirements including flight schedules and crewing of flights.
In addition to the above we are looking for a candidate who has a passion for problem solving, works well under pressure and has a demonstrated commitment to safety. A knowledge of operational and aircrew regulations and limitations, meteorology, flight planning and/or load control is an advantage.
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on worldwide travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, as shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.