The Production Planning Officer is responsible to the Engineering Manager for the oversight of all production planning activities within the Engineering Maintenance Department. Additionally, production planning of internal component maintenance activities & co-ordination of special equipment, manpower, material & work packs.
The Production Planning Officer is responsible to the Engineering Manager for services to the Customer, in particular, for the efficient planning and support of engineering functions through:
- Performing all duties in a safe and effective manner with due diligence to the requirements of Company procedures (Safety Management System and Corporate Policy and Procedures Manual) and health and safety legislation;
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures, and where an anomaly is noted with a procedure then that anomaly is reported;
- Project development and management of aircraft maintenance planning;
- Transcribing maintenance requirements into maintenance tasks (and have an appreciation that they have no authority to deviate from the maintenance data);
- Implementation of a scheduled maintenance plan for all Company aircraft with due consideration to engineering requirements and capability;
- Assisting with the ad-hoc maintenance support requirements due to unscheduled maintenance events;
- Communicating information necessary for control of the line maintenance of Company aircraft to the Engineering Manager;
- Implementation of work schedules associated with the planning of Line Maintenance for Capiteq Limited aircraft;
- Providing timely reports to the GM/Engineering Manager concerning issues that affect the maintenance plan;
- In conjunction with Engineering Manager and Inventory Manager, establish delivery times for parts and when possible include the unscheduled aircraft maintenance events into the Scheduled Maintenance Plan;
- Receiving and carrying out Quality Assurance check of work packages from the customer for required content and CAMO QA compliance have been carried out;
- Check that any maintenance tasks, AD compliance, or modification maintenance tasks requested are within the scope of the Aircraft logistics approval;
- Reviewing the content of any AD Task Cards and the associated OEM SB to be aware of any specific requirements for accomplishing the AD such as tooling or special expertise;
- Checking work packs and work requested that requires a Specific Maintenance Procedure to ensure that the Aircraft logistics approval scope covers the Specific Maintenance;
- Liaise with CAMO to update Work Packs as required by engineering;
- Providing logistical support and expediting outstanding orders for aircraft parts;
- Plan and pre-order components, parts, consumable and materials for planned maintenance;
- Using computerised production planning tools, and;
- Liaising with the CAMO when additional repairs are required.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following:
- Previous experience in Line/Base Maintenance doc planning and liaison.
- Trade qualifications within aircraft maintenance engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills and data interpretation.
- The ability to hold and maintain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Aircraft maintenance engineering expertise and experience.
- Formal qualifications in an aeronautical engineering or equivalent discipline as Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
We currently operate 3 types of aircraft – Embraer 120, Embraer 170 and Embraer 190; Experience working with these aircraft types or similar would be highly desirable.
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate. As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.