At Airnorth we are more than just a business, we’re also part of the social and economic fabric of Northern Australia, and vital to many of our clients. The symbiotic relationship between our people, our clients and the communities makes us truly different. Airnorth has been mastering Australia’s northern skies for over 45 years. Remaining true to our Territory roots, our headquarters lies in Darwin, complimented by a newly acquired Perth base employing over 225 staff across administration and operations.
About the Role:
The primary responsibility of the Safety and Quality Officer is to audit and investigate and to assist with the effective deployment of the company’s Safety strategy and process to meet client requirements and Legislation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct investigations and audits within all areas of the business.
- Ability/flexibility to travel for work purposes.
- Identify hazards and safety risks.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Ensure change management activities are risk assessed and managed as required by the SMS.
- Support the effectiveness and continued improvement of the Safety Management System and Quality Management System
- Assist with ensuring the Airnorth Emergency Response Plan is current and provide support in managing emergency response exercises.
- Assist with maintaining the ILMS induction course material.
- Resolve safety and quality issues.
- Assist with the statistical analysis and report writing requirements.
- Coordinate special projects as requested.
- Liaise with relevant internal parties as required.
- Manage associated administration.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following but not limited to:
- Audit experience
- Experience in investigations
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to hold Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
- Ability to travel at short notice.
- Ability to hold passport and Australian Drivers licence.
Life at Airnorth:
At Airnorth, we are a family, we care for our employees and offer a flexible workplace. Our core values are Safety, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, and Progress.
Airnorth also offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on domestic and international travel, cruise line discounts, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia. As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.