Chief Engineer Job Summary
The Chief Engineer serves as main point of contact regarding all maintenance work performed on the aircraft. Provides the Customer Service and maintains and develops a positive relationship with current and future Customers.
Supervisor responsible for a team of technicians within the service center.
- Fosters a positive relationship between the customer and the NTAS Group.
• Ensures that work performed is done in accordance with established policy, procedure, and quality standards.
• Responsible for safety, quality, meeting schedules and efficiency of the AMO.
• Monitors the work environment to assure it is maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe acts.
• Investigates any accidents or incidents, reports findings, complete with recommended corrective action.
• Supervises and assigns team members to maintenance in line with schedules.
• Realigns assignments as required to meet customer, maximize efficiency, or by direction of the Accountable Manager.
• Daily interaction with team members regarding workmanship, efficiencies and safe working conditions.
• Provide coaching and counseling in order to manage performance of team members.
• Conduct and document performance evaluations.
• Track, document, and conduct disciplinary actions required under the procedures and policies of the AMO.
• Holds weekly team meetings to communicate items such as general communication and resolving programs.
• Assures that open issues involving parts or return maintenance are resolved.
• Maintenance Performance Evaluation issues with the Service Center personnel.
• A minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance experience and/or relative supervisory experience required.
• Part 66 License – LAME
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Proven leadership skills
• Possesses good organization and time management skills
• Attention to detail, goal oriented
• Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive responsibilities
• Highly motivated
• Ability to work in team environment
• Maintenance experience preferred
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an Australian airport security Identification.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.