We are currently seeking a Flight Standards Manager to join our Flight Operations Management team based at head office in Brisbane. This position acts as the head of the Flight Training and Checking organisation and is approved by the Authority (CASA).
About the Role
Reporting and accountable to the GM, Flight Operations, the Flight Standards Manager has the responsibility for ensuring:
- Have the delegated authority to ensure the delivery of flight standards for Alliance Airlines crew.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Flight Standards department is appropriately resourced to deliver training to company standards for both flight and cabin crew and deliver trained crew to maintain the company’s schedule.
- Ensure that compliant and sufficient training equipment and resources are available for crew training to be conducted safely and efficiently.
- Ensure support services are adequate to deliver company flight and training standards.
- Ongoing accountability and oversight of Part 142 activities for Alliance Airlines.
- Ensure all third-party training is delivered to appropriate standards for the airline.
- Provide management direction to the training organisation in line with the Flight Operations department and airlines strategic goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting and maintaining the standards of all Alliance Airlines air crew members.
- Providing appropriate numbers of Training and Checking staff.
- Provision and maintenance of flight simulation and training devices.
- The development of suitable Flight Training and Checking programs and manuals for flight crew and ensuring their compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining the Training and Checking and 142 Exposition Manual
- Select and train all flight crew training personnel and ensure that common standards are applied.
- Recommending Pilot/s to CASA for approval to act as Check Captains under CASA delegation.
- Monitor the performance of all Check and Training staff.
- Assigning the appropriate personnel to complete the training of personnel in emergency procedures
- Ensuring that air crew emergency procedures proficiency tests are completed by air crew
- Assigning the appropriate personnel to complete the training of personnel in the training for Dangerous Goods
- Maintenance of all air crew training and checking records
- Maintenance and control of line operational standards, training policy, procedures, systems and administration.
- Recommending changes to standard operation procedures or policies as they affect technical matters related to the Flight Training and Checking organisation
- Adherence to Company policies, procedures, Operations Manual requirements and all CASA / Alliance Airlines compliance requirements.
- Assessment and reporting of line air crew and training crew performance.
- Provide extra training or implement changes to operational procedures as a result of
identifying issues, events, incidents and accidents that have occurred within the industry and may have a bearing on Alliance Airlines.
- Ensuring external contractors are assigned hours of work and duties to be carried out for the Training and Checking organisation.
- Ensure Instructors conducting approved CASR Part 142 activities hold the necessary qualifications and approvals, and on-going validity of the qualifications.
- Ensure Trainers and Checkers conducting CAR 217 activities hold the necessary qualifications and approvals and on-going validity of the qualifications.
You will have previous experience in a similar position and be a proven leader with exceptional people management skills. You will have extensive experience in aviation operations, including flying responsibilities along with an in depth understanding of aviation regulation and legislation requirements.
In addition, you will possess:
- Australian ATPL
- Current Class One medical
- Previous experience as a Fleet Standards Manager or Check Captain in a high capacity RPT airline
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team focussed environment
- Strong analytical, reasoning and lateral thinking skills
- Well-developed computing skills, particularly Microsoft office suite of programs
- Problem solving skills
- Maturity and ability to make quick, accurate decisions in difficult circumstances.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Tenacity, professionalism / maturity, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and confidentiality
Alliance Airlines is an ASX listed company and is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing in excess of 700 full time staff. With a fleet of over 40 aircraft (growing to 70) and 8 operational bases nationally, Alliance provides essential services to mining, energy, tourism and government sectors.
We have operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Rockhampton and a dedicated engineering base located at Brisbane Airport.
Alliance Airline’s success is attributed to the extensive experience and complete dedication of our team. Each member of our network takes great pride in providing the highest standards in safety, reliability and operational performance for our valued clients.
Why Alliance Airlines?
From our ground staff, to flight attendants, managers and directors, we share a down-to-earth philosophy of working towards a common goal – providing a safer, premium flying experience for customers while creating a thriving work environment where our employees feel valued.
- ASX listed company
- 8 offices across Australia
- Huge expansion in 2020 and continued growth in 2021
- Open and collaborative working environment
- Supportive leadership
- Employee wellbeing program
- National career progression opportunities
- Active community support and involvement