We are currently seeking a General Manager Flight Operations to join our Executive Team based at head office in Brisbane. This role is responsible for the oversight and management of Flight Operations across all bases under approval from the Authority (CASA).
About the Role
Reporting to the COO, the General Manager Flight Operations has the responsibility and is accountable for ensuring:
- The management and oversight of all flight operations activities including line operations, flight standards, flight technical and support functions for both flight and cabin crew.
- Provides strategic direction for the department whilst ensuring safety, compliance, operational oversight, cost control and staff management are completed to the required standard.
- Actively engage with all staff within Flight Operations to improve the safety reporting culture, quality activities, compliance and safety promotion.
- Appropriate allocation and provision of resources necessary to manage safety and security risks to aircraft operations for flight and cabin crew including ensuring necessary facilities, workspace, equipment and supporting services to satisfy flight operations safety and security requirements.
- Engagement with other Alliance operational departments and Executive Management team members to ensure ongoing operations and impact of Flight Operations to other departments.
- That Flight Operations are conducted in accordance with conditions and restrictions of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC), foreign regulatory approvals, and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards of the operator.
- Co-ordinate and attend relevant meetings as required, facilitate organisation and department communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure Alliance Airlines flight operations are conducted safely and in compliance with all regulatory and company rules.
- Oversight and responsibility of the flight and cabin crew resource plan to ensure adequate crew are recruited and trained.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with flight and cabin duty limitations and other company rules.
- Maintain ongoing oversight of the company’s aircraft loading procedures.
- Ensuring that Base Managers are supported to ensure ongoing line operations.
- Oversight and responsibility for ensuring that Flight Standards are delivering crew to the required company standard for line operations.
- Participation in recruitment and performance activities where appropriate.
You will have previous experience in a similar senior management position and be a proven leader with exceptional people management skills. You will have extensive experience in aviation operations, including flying responsibilities along with an in depth understanding of aviation regulation and legislation requirements.
In addition, you will possess:
- Australian ATPL
- Current Class One medical
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of managing diverse teams in multiple locations for a high-capacity operation
- Ability to consider commercial considerations for the company whilst ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance and safety
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team focussed environment
- Strong analytical, reasoning and lateral thinking skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Well-developed computing skills, particularly Microsoft office suite of programs
- Problem solving skills
- Maturity and ability to make quick, accurate decisions in difficult circumstances.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Tenacity, professionalism / maturity, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and confidentiality
Alliance Airlines is an ASX listed company and is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing in excess of 700 full time staff. With a fleet of over 40 aircraft (growing to 70) and 8 operational bases nationally, Alliance provides essential services to mining, energy, tourism and government sectors.
We have operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Rockhampton and a dedicated engineering base located at Brisbane Airport.
Alliance Airline’s success is attributed to the extensive experience and complete dedication of our team. Each member of our network takes great pride in providing the highest standards in safety, reliability and operational performance for our valued clients.
Why Alliance Airlines?
From our ground staff, to flight attendants, managers and directors, we share a down-to-earth philosophy of working towards a common goal – providing a safer, premium flying experience for customers while creating a thriving work environment where our employees feel valued.
- ASX listed company
- 8 offices across Australia
- Huge expansion in 2020 and continued growth in 2021
- Open and collaborative working environment
- Supportive leadership
- Employee wellbeing program
- National career progression opportunities
- Active community support and involvement