The HM Consolidated (HMC) Group has operations in some of the most iconic regions of Australia and is looking to appoint an Airworthiness Quality Manager to join our friendly and vibrant team. The Group has offices in Perth, Kununurra, Broome, Karratha and Adelaide and a total staff of approximately 220 employees and growing.
The HMC Group
The HM Consolidated group of companies is a collection of quality businesses under common ownership. The businesses operating across the aviation sector include:
Aviair – Operating aircraft across Australia’s north-west & South Australia.
HeliSpirit – Offering helicopter adventures from eleven spectacular locations in the Kimberley, Pilbara, and Northern Territory regions as well as corporate charters & utility work.
The HMC Group is seeking to appoint an Airworthiness Quality Manager to manage all aspects of the Group Airworthiness Quality Management Systems and develop and maintain a risk-based approach to quality management. This role will report to the Head of Safety but work closely with the Continuing Airworthiness Manager.
About the Role
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring that the CAMO complies with the requirements of CASR Part 42 MOS.
- Implementing and monitoring of the CAMO Quality System and monitoring of the CAMO internal review system as required by the Part 42 MOS.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders to ensure compliance is met.
- Provide oversight and assurance of contracted maintenance organisations related to aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance activities.
- Deliver training to CAMO staff, manage training compliance, and review and discuss policy, procedures and compliance relating to the Aviair fleet.
This is a full-time opportunity to be based in our Perth office. The successful candidate will be asked to complete a satisfactory National Police Check and Drug and Alcohol Test prior to commencement.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate confidently and positively to promote a ‘Just Culture’. In addition, they will possess:
- Airworthiness quality management experience in aviation and at least 2 years’ experience in Quality Management Systems.
- Formal Lead Auditor training with experience in auditing aircraft schedules.
- Manual authoring experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of aircraft reliability programs, mandatory and non-mandatory ICA assessments.
- Qualify to be approved by CASA as a CASR Parts Form 4 holder.
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card).
A demonstrated understanding of human factors principles and experience using Air Maestro will be highly regarded.
What we Offer You
The HMC Group aims to provide all our employees with a positive and rewarding work environment, with opportunities to learn and grow with the Company.
In addition, we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A great team environment in a modern Rivervale office.
- Free onsite parking.
- Opportunities to travel with work and explore the Kimberley, as the role will require some travel to Group office locations.
- On the job training and support to assist you into your new role.
Please apply through Seek
How to apply
How to Apply
If you think that this is the right role for you, please navigate to Seek to click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Please be advised only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 3 July 2022 – Aviair reserve the right to hire prior to the closing date.