Are you looking for a rewarding career with a leading aviation company? With CASR Part 145 approved bases across the Kimberley and Pilbara regions of Western Australia and a base in South Australia, Aviair proudly provides extensive charter, RPT and tourism services across the Kimberley and Pilbara with a fleet of approximately 30 aircraft. Aviair predominately maintains its own fleet which includes C510, B200, C208, PC12 and GA8 aircraft.
Due to our continued growth and exciting new opportunities, we are looking for professionally minded and safety focused B1 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME’s) to join our Part 145 AMO team at either Broome or Kununurra.
Broome & Kununurra are iconic towns with interesting histories and stunning natural beauty. Life in these dynamic locations for individuals and families are abundant with aquatic, sporting, camping, waterfall chasing and other recreational opportunities. Both locations have access to good schools and a strong sense of community. If you’re looking for adventure and the exciting lifestyle change that the Kimberley can provide, these opportunities are for you!
- Possess minimum 2 years work experience as a LAME, preferably with a sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Hold a current CASA Part 66 Licence in Category B1 (Preferably have PT6 engine type rating or PT6 engine experience however not essential)
- Possess experience working on aircraft within our fleet or similar
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Be able to work effectively as part of a tight knit team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment, able to problem-solve and provide concise recommendation
- Be capable of multi-tasking and achieving goals and objectives
- Be computer literate
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening (DAMP)
- Ability to obtain an ASIC
- Compliant with WA State Government mandated vaccination requirements
About the Role
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform aircraft maintenance in accordance with the aircraft’s approved maintenance data
- Ensuring all parts and materials are airworthy and appropriate for their application
- Reporting all defects or faults identified during maintenance of aircraft or aeronautical products to the allocated Maintenance Co-ordinator
- Ensuring all certifications are made in accordance with the Aviair approved systems of certification
Aviair aims to provide our employees with a positive and challenging work environment. We offer employees self-development and career advancement opportunities. In addition, we offer:
- An attractive salary (plus paid overtime)
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company
- Industry leading training
- A great team environment
- Salary Sacrifice/salary packaging benefits including salary packing the cost of remote area residential rent, remote area mortgage interest, remote area residential utilities, remote area residential property purchases and holiday transport!
Please apply through Seek
How to apply
To apply, please forward a cover letter outlining your relevant experience against the key duties and responsibilities and a current resume.
Please apply through Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/57456696
Please be advised only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 22 July 2022 - Aviair reserve the right to hire prior to the closing date.