Are you looking for a rewarding career with a leading aviation company? With CASR Part 145 approved bases across the Kimberley and Pilbara regions of Western Australia and a base in South Australia, Aviair proudly provides extensive charter, RPT and tourism services across the Kimberley and Pilbara with a fleet of approximately 30 aircraft. Aviair predominately maintains its own fleet which includes C510, B200, C208, PC12 and GA8 aircraft.
Due to our continued growth and exciting new opportunities, we are looking for professionally minded and safety focused B1 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME’s) to join our Part 145 AMO team in Broome.
Broome is an iconic town with an interesting history and stunning natural beauty. Life in this dynamic location for individuals and families are abundant with aquatic, sporting, camping, waterfall chasing and other recreational opportunities. Broome has access to good schools and a strong sense of community. If you’re looking for adventure and the exciting lifestyle change that the Kimberley can provide, these opportunities are for you.
- Possess minimum 2 years work experience as a LAME, preferably with a sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Hold a current CASA Part 66 License in Category B1 (Preferably have PT6 engine type rating or PT6 engine experience however not essential)
- Possess experience working on aircraft within our fleet or similar
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Be able to work effectively as part of a tight knit team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment, able to problem-solve and provide concise recommendation
- Ability multi-tasking and achieving goals and objectives
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening (DAMP)
- Eligibility to obtain an ASIC
About the Role:
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform aircraft maintenance in accordance with the aircraft’s approved maintenance data
- Ensuring all parts and materials are airworthy and appropriate for their application
- Reporting all defects or faults identified during maintenance of aircraft or aeronautical products to the allocated Maintenance Coordinator
- Ensuring all certifications are made in accordance with the Aviair approved systems of certification
Aviair aims to provide our employees with a positive and challenging work environment. We offer employees self-development and career advancement opportunities. In addition, we offer:
- An attractive salary (plus paid overtime)
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company
- Industry leading training
- A great team environment
- Salary Sacrifice/salary packaging benefits including salary packing the cost of remote area residential rent, remote area mortgage interest, remote area residential utilities, remote area residential property purchases and holiday transport.