Aviair is a leading aviation company with its head office located in Kununurra, with maintenance located in Broome, Kununurra and Karratha. Aviair proudly provides extensive charter, RPT and tourism services across the Kimberley and Pilbara with a fleet of approximately 30 aircraft. Aviair predominately maintains is own fleet which includes, B200, C208, PC12, B58 and GA8 aircraft. Aviair is currently expanding its fleet to include Part 121 aircraft.
Broome is an iconic town with an interesting history and stunning natural beauty. Life in this dynamic location for individuals and families is abundant with aquatic, sporting, camping, waterfall chasing and other recreational opportunities. Broome has access to good schools and a strong sense of community. If you’re looking for adventure and the exciting lifestyle change that the Kimberley can provide, this opportunity are for you.
About the role
To support our growth, we are seeking a B2 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) with relevant industry experience to join our Broome base. The base carries out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to our fleet. Ideally, we are seeking applicants with experience working on our aircraft types or similar.
The Avionics team is based across our Broome and Kununurra bases and work as one unit. Aviair’s sister company HeliSpirit has its main base in Kununurra. Opportunities for travel between the various bases and work on helicopters is available.
To be successful in this role:
- Possess relevant fleet/industry experience
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot avionics defects
- Be computer literate
- Be eligible to hold Australian ASIC
- A strong commitment to Aviation safety
Key duties and responsibilities of the role include
Perform aircraft maintenance in accordance with the provisions of the aircraft approved maintenance data
- Ensure that work undertaken is carried out safely, in line with the best industry practices
- Report all defects or faults identified during the course of aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance
- Keep the Avionics Manager and Senior Base Engineer informed on progress of the task allocated and any problems which may affect the completion including defects, deficiencies in spares, tooling, ground support and test equipment
- Maintain currency with respect to all relevant documentation and the revision status of company manuals
What we offer you
- An attractive salary (plus paid overtime)
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company
- Opportunities for various type rating courses
- External training opportunities
- A great team environment
- Salary Sacrifice / salary packaging benefits (including remote area housing benefits)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience as well as a copy of your license via this link
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.