Aviair, formerly known as Slingair, was founded in 1984 and has been under local Kununurra ownership since April 2016. We are a multi-award-winning regional airline, with significant operations in Kununurra, Broome, Karratha, and Adelaide. With in-house aircraft maintenance facilities, we have approximately thirty aircraft including Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna Citation Mustang, Cessna Grand Caravan, Pilatus PC-12’s and both twin and single piston engine aircraft. Our business is founded on the twin principles of safety and service – both being areas where we will not compromise. Safety is key in all that we do and leads through to delivering the best service to our customers.
About the position
As a Baron and Cessna C208 pilot based in Broome, you can expect diverse flying opportunities throughout regional Western Australia. This includes, day and night flying, single pilot operations, Charter, Search and Rescue and Low Capacity – Regular Public Transport work.
Training is provided through our CASA approved Training and Checking organisation which trains pilots in a combination of abnormal and emergency procedures using the aircraft and is complemented with a detailed line training program.
In addition to flying duties, pilots are expected to assist with the following duties:
- cleaning of aircraft;
- assisting the operations team as required;
- assisting other pilots with pre- and post-flight duties;
- general maintenance of the base.
In addition to meeting the minimum experience and qualifications, you will need to demonstrate that you have enthusiasm, energy, a high level of personal presentation, and have excellent people and communication skills. You will also have a positive attitude with the ability to be solution focused in challenging situations.
Minimum experience and qualifications
- CASA commercial pilot licence (A)
- CASA class 1 aviation medical
- 1200 hours total flying
- 900 hours pilot in command
- 300 hours turbine (or close to)
- 10 hours in command C208 (endorsement only considered)
- Baron 58 experienced preferred but not essential
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please apply via the Apply online button below.
• Please login and create or update your pilot profile on Pilot Path.
• If you meet one or more of the search criteria, your confidential profile will appear in the search results.
• You will be notified via email if they wish to view your full profile and take your application further