The HM Consolidated (HMC) Group has operations in some of the most iconic regions of Australia and is looking for an experienced Quality Manager – Flight & Ground Operations to join our vibrant team. The Group has offices in Kununurra, Broome, Karratha and Adelaide and a total staff of approximately 200 employees.
The HMC Group
The HM Consolidated group of companies is a collection of quality businesses under common ownership, operating across the tourism and aviation sectors.
Businesses in the Group include:
Aviair – Operating aircraft across Australia’s north-west & South Australia
HeliSpirit – Offering helicopter adventures from eleven spectacular locations in the Kimberley, Pilbara, and Northern Territory regions as well as corporate charters & utility work
Australian Helicopter Academy – Providing specialist helicopter training
Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge & Guided Tours – Eco-accommodation in the heart of Purnululu National Park & Guided walking tours
Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments – Kununurra’s newest and only 4.5-star self-contained resort style accommodation
About the Role:
The role can be based in Broome, Kununurra, Karratha, or Perth and will require some travel to Group office locations from time to time.
Reporting directly to the Head of Quality, the primary responsibility of the Quality Manager – Flight & Ground Operations is to manage the flight and ground operations aspects of the Quality Management System.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the continued management of the flight and ground operations Quality Management System, including conducting internal and external audits, raising findings and observations, and working with Stakeholders to address them within agreed timeframes
- Ensure the effectiveness and performance of the Quality Management System
- Assist with the investigation of flight and ground operations safety reports
- In conjunction with Stakeholders, perform risk and root cause analysis of all findings raised
- Participate in Third Party Audits
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Quality management system experience in an operational capacity within a regulatory environment is essential
- Experience in conducting quality related audits and investigations
- Operational flight operations experience in aviation is highly desirable
- Ground operations experience in aviation is desirable
- Understanding of risk management principles and risk-based decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated experience in detailed, precise, and timely written communication, including report writing
- Experience in manual authoring and other documentation is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to be firm in conviction, promote a “Just Culture” and advance an open and non-punitive atmosphere for reporting
- Ability to work and think laterally
- Ability to obtain and retain an ASIC
At the HMC Group, we are passionate and committed to continued improvement across the group, therefore you should be driven, focused and capable of delivering in a pro-active and fast-paced environment.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing your experience against the key duties and responsibilities and a current resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.