As the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia, Cobham is able to offer market-leading solutions to its clients, along with challenging and unique opportunities to its employees.
Our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability that covers nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
Cobham currently has an opportunity for an Aircraft Ground Handler with responsibility for ground handling functions and for maintaining the cleanliness of aircraft and the base.
This newly created role plays a key part in ensuring the Darwin base and aircraft are presented to a high standard at all times.
This role operates during core business hours, Monday to Friday but some flexibility will be required for essential tasks out of hours or on weekends, on occasions
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake cleaning of the interior and exterior of aircraft
- Assist engineers with ground handing activities, such as:
- Towing and repositioning aircraft
- Wing walk and clearance when aircraft are being move
- Connect and disconnect of GPUs and Air-conditioning units
- Compressor washing engines
- Liaise with external suppliers in relation to vehicle and facilities repairs and maintenance
- General upkeep and housekeeping at the base
- Ad hoc general duties to support the smooth running of the base.
Skills and Experience
- Physical fitness, with the ability to work at heights
- Methodical approach to work
- Flexibility to work outside core business hours from time to time
- Previous ground handling experience
- Previous experience working in a mechanical or engineering environment
- Elevated Work Platform licence
- Forklift licence
- First Aid/CPR certificate
Cobham Aviation Services is headquartered in Adelaide and operates services nationally across Australia. In addition to our Special Mission operations, we offer closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.