- Broome based
- Attractive base allowance on top of base salary
- Permanent Full Time
We are now accepting applications for a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with DHC8 B2 Type rating. The position is based in Broome in support of our Special Mission Australian Border Force contract.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Aircraft maintenance and certify for this for IAW CASA Air legislation and Cobham approved procedures
- Ensure efficient and effective use of time on shift to complete all assigned tasks
- Work in a Line Maintenance environment
- Auditing of completed aircraft maintenance certification to ensure compliance
- Ensure all work carried out is in accordance with approved maintenance manual and Cobham approved procedures
- Ensure safety of work processes, plant and equipment and maintain safe work environment
- Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to their position
Skills and Experience
- Hold a B2 DHC8 Licence (with B1, 5 Cat on type desirable)
- Additional licence type on CL604 advantageous
- Have strong communication and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Possess substantive Line Maintenance experience
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work a shift roster pattern in support of contract
Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.