• Deployment Licensed Aircraft Engineer
• DHC8 (B1 and B2) – Perth
• fixed term contract
We are accepting applications for multiple Deployment Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers with either DHC 8 B1 or B2 Type rating. We will also consider suitable AMEs, and non-type rated LAMES and provide a Dash 8 Type course for the selected engineers.
These positions deploy from Perth to Christmas and Cocos Islands in support of Cobham’s contract with Australian Border Force (ABF).
During deployment, the role will operate initially on a nominal 22 days on/18 days off roster, with 2 days rostered off on the islands during deployment. All flights and accommodation whilst on deployment will be covered by the company. – The roster will be drafted to align with the RPT service ex Perth.
• Conduct aircraft maintenance and certify for this in accordance with our Cobham Special Mission Engineering MOE and approved procedures
• Travel on aircraft as flying spanner when required
• Ensure efficient and effective use of time on shift to complete all assigned tasks
• Work in a remote Line Maintenance environment
• Audit of completed aircraft maintenance certification to ensure compliance
• Ensure all work carried out is in accordance with approved maintenance manual and Cobham approved procedures
• Ensure safety of work processes, plant and equipment and maintain safe work environment
• Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position.
Skills and Experience
• Hold a B1 or B2 DHC-8 Licence
• Alternatively, be able to sit a Type course and POC to gain a DHC 8 rating
• Possess substantive Line Maintenance experience
• Due to quarantine restrictions, candidates must currently reside in or be prepared to relocate to Perth WA for the duration of the contract
• Be willing and able to work the deployment roster
• Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have strong communication and troubleshooting skills
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Medically fit and able to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
• Additional Licence Types on CL604 would be advantageous
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.