FIFO – Cairns and PNG
Permanent full-time role
Career path opportunities
6 weeks on / 6 weeks off
Cobham Regional Services is currently seeking to recruit a FIFO Senior Base Engineer for their PNG operations.
The Senior Base Engineering will provide oversight for performance, control and compliance of aircraft line maintenance. The role performs the administrative management of aircraft line maintenance, production planning and coordination of all scheduled and unscheduled Line Maintenance in both Tabubil PNG and Cairns Australia.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Hold safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a zero harm and incident/injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a Leading Hand, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Supervisor and Store Personnel
- Maintenance Services carried out by Cobham – Engineering under his/her control in both Tabubil PNG and Cairns Australia is compliant with the Engineering Procedures Manual (EPM) PNG and Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE)
- Liaise with Senior Base Engineers in Cairns to ensure hangar visits and planned maintenance activities are adequately planned and resourced
- Responsible to the Head of Quality & Safety (HQS) and MMPNG for the standard and quality of completed maintenance documentation by Maintenance Personnel, including sampling on behalf of the Quality & Safety Department
- Ensure Engineering has all the necessary resources in PNG and Cairns to perform the scope of Maintenance Services requested
- Ensuring a sufficient number of Certifying Employees are available for required maintenance
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and amendment of rosters
- Ensure compliance of all Maintenance Personnel for tool control and accountability
- Perform Production Planning for applicable Line or Aeronautical Product (AP) maintenance
- Monitor progress and compliance of contracted and subcontracted Maintenance Services
- Assist and provide full cooperation with a Quality & Safety Auditor (QSA)
- Ensure any remedial, corrective and/or preventive actions issued by the Quality & Safety Department are resolved
- Responsible for the compliance of any workshop, hangar or related work areas
Skills and Experience
The minimum requirement for the role of the SBE role includes:
- Currently Hold or ability to gain a CASA PNG Licence and Cobham – Engineering issued Aircraft Maintenance Certification Authorisation on Dash 8 100/200/300 series applicable B1 or B2 rating
- Minimum 4 years’ Aircraft Maintenance certifying experience or deemed competent by the MMPNG
- Previous engineering supervisory / management experience in similar operations
Cobham Aviation Services is a provider to closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
We are the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government.
All applicants must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen.