- Works with the Cobham Manager of Ground Operations – Regional Services, ensures compliance under the civil aviation law of all ground operations activities conducted by the company as a holder of an Air Operator’s Certificate.
- Conducts all facets of ground operations training in accordance with the divisional training policies and procedures, including assisting in the establishment of current and long range training goals, objectives, plans and policies for the section, including ramp, Check-in, Dangerous Goods and load control training.
- Reviews, writes and maintains ground operations training manuals and related documents in conjunction with the Manager of Ground Operations.
- Coordinates ground operations training activities with other departments and stakeholders with-in the Regional Services business unit.
- Ensures all staff records are kept up to date including training, records for Dangerous Goods, load control, Airport Reporting Officer qualifications, ramp safety training and refuelling facility qualifications.
- Provides technical training expertise where required in ground operations projects.
- Ensures that all section activities are conducted such as to assist the Commercial Division to develop and maintain excellent customer service/client relationships with clients and service providers.
- Coordinates, conducts and records the training requirements at airports operated to by Cobham.
- Ensures that the ground operations section actively participates in Cobham Safety and Quality Assurance activities and pursues a goal of cost effective continuous improvement.
- Provides Airport Reporting Officer coverage across the Regional Services business unit when required.
- Provides assistance to the Manager of Ground Operations- RS for all ground operations needs
- Hold and maintain current ASIC (or eligibility to obtain one)
- Eligible to hold a Dangerous Good Acceptance certification and Dangerous Goods training instrument
- Load Control experience
- Sound working knowledge in airport operations, specifically in passenger or commercial airlines
- Solid experience in the standard suite of MS and Adobe, enabling the production of good quality training materials and reports to management
- Experience in training delivery
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable, but not essential)
- Regular domestic travel will be a requirement for this position.
Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.