- Lead Auditor, Aviation
- Audit and investigation role
- 6-month contract
As the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia, Cobham is able to offer market-leading solutions to its clients and challenging and unique opportunities to its employees. We save lives and protect national interests.
Our Special Mission business provides border surveillance services under contract with the Australian Border Force utilising highly modified DHC-8 aircraft. This is the World’s largest outsourced civil maritime surveillance operation, patrolling Australia’s 15 million square kilometre Exclusive Economic Zone. We also provide fixed wing search-and-rescue response capability over land and sea on behalf of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). We designed, integrated, commissioned and now operate a fleet of Challenger jets that contain some of the most sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology ever to be integrated into a civil SAR platform.
We currently have an opportunity for Lead Auditor with a commitment to aviation safety performance and regulatory compliance within the Special Mission team. With a focus on operational safety, risk & safety education, this role partners with stakeholders to ensure that policies and procedures comply with business and regulatory requirements and align with industry best practice. This is an opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Hold, promote and demonstrate safety as a core value to the business and lead in driving the business toward its vision of Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active support of and participation in, all safety programmes
• Assist in developing and implementing topical and regular safety campaigns and publications
• Promoting and facilitate sound ethical safety risk management activities across the business
• Assist and conduct change and risk assessments with the management team
• Conduct audits and safety investigations to effectively determine causal and contributory factors; identify safety, quality and process deficiencies
• Conduct continuous improvement and development of safety investigation processes and procedures
• Further enhance, implement and develop effective reporting protocols, procedures and processes
• Oversight the safety database and safety risk register, producing monthly and quarterly reports by ensuring the integrity of the data in the safety reporting database and Business Enterprise reporting tool is true and correct
• Build effective relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
• Undertake positive and proactive safety assurance activities
• Provide advice on the analysis and interpretation of safety information and data
• Assist in providing safety training across the business to meet legislative/ regulatory requirements
• Ensure compliance with all safe working procedures and policy requirements
• Assist with WHS&E activities including injury management
• Undertake other duties as required by the Head of Safety & Quality
Skills and Experience
• Understanding of Safety Management Systems and the CASA SMS Framework
• Lead Investigator qualification in Safety Investigation
• Auditor qualification in Quality Assurance, Safety Auditing in a similar field
• Advanced MS Office skills
• You must be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to hold and maintain a Government/Australian Border Force security clearance
• Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
• Experience in the development and facilitating training programs
• A minimum of 2 years operational experience in the aviation industry in either a safety or an operational area. (Part 42 / Part 145 highly desirable)
Cobham Aviation Services is headquartered in Adelaide and our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability across nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface. In addition, our Regional Services business operates services nationally across Australia.
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.