• Permanent Airline Operations Controller
• Perth based
• Part-Time – 32 hours per week
Summary of Position
Reporting through to the Operations Manager, the Operations controller is responsible for the day to day management of the Regional Services flying schedule ensuring that issues of safety, OTP, regulatory compliance and client satisfaction are met.
This position is rostered to a rotational shift schedule working mornings, afternoons and night shifts Monday to Sunday (limited weekend shifts).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a zero harm and an incident/injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position.
• Maintain the integrity of the flying schedule, ensure scheduled flights are crewed and flight crew rosters are compliant with EBA and operational manual requirements.
• Communication of disruption or recovery plans to all stakeholders both internal and external.
• Monitor operations across the network and identify threats to on time performance or safety.
• Monitor airport landing slots and amend schedules as required to ensure the best result for the company and clients.
• Schedule and monitor aircraft allocation to meet the requirements of the aircraft flying program taking into account maintenance, aerodrome limitations, training and special client requirements.
• Re-crewing flights due to crew illness, disruption or new charter flights
• Communication with flight and cabin crew regarding roster changes, delays to services or relevant operational information including crew briefings.
• Completion, submission and provision of flight planning for Flight Crew.
• Liaise with client organisations on day to day operational issues with emphasis on communications during delays.
• Ensure timely communication to the specific Client Account Manager with operational details that have/may affect delivery of service.
• Be familiar with the contents of applicable Company manuals, CASA regulations, applicable employment awards and other documentation that is relevant to the position.
• Liaise with the HOFO and engineering management for the authorisation of unscheduled flights.
• Monitor the emergency telephone number and activate the emergency management team if required.
• These roles operate on a rotating shift basis and includes some after hours and weekend work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently under pressure and to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Proactive, driven and assertive.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to operate autonomously within a team environment.
• Ability to build effective relationships and partner with operational areas.
• Ability to develop solutions to difficult problems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Sound knowledge of the airline industry and its business processes.
Tertiary qualification in aviation or related discipline, or equivalent experience will be advantageous.