SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Senior Base Cabin Crew you will be responsible for ensuring a comfortable, safe, and personable flying experience for our customers through exceptional customer service. Additionally, you will be responsible for demonstrating leadership to the Cabin Crew team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representing the company values to all customers by providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintaining compliance of all technical standards across the Cabin Crew team.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of the Cabin Crew technical and service delivery program.
- Working as a team to ensure effective operation of the aircraft.
- Contributing to the achievement of a zero harm and an incident/injury free. environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to this leadership role.
- Act as a point of contact between Crew and Management to assist with staff engagement.
- Assist Cabin Crew with day-to-day concerns.
- Time sheet management.
- Assist with new staff inductions.
- Work closely with the Manager of Cabin Crew by assisting in day-to-day running of the department as required.
- The position reports directly to the:
- Manager of Cabin Crew Services and Administration
- The position reports indirectly to the:
- Head of Flight Operations
- Experience in a dynamic customer service environment
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA – desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- High understanding of aviation terminology and acronyms
- Exceptional leadership and people management capability
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
PERSONAL SKILLS/ABILITIES (ESSENTIAL)
- 18 years of age or over
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to operate autonomously or within a team environment
- Exceptional communication, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Sound analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills