- Full Time Permanent opportunity
- Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering – Special Mission
- Adelaide based
As the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia, Cobham is able to offer market-leading solutions to its clients, along with challenging and unique opportunities to its employees.
Our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability that covers nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
Cobham currently has an opportunity for a Technical Administrator to join the Special Mission team. The role has a dual function with responsibility for processing of technical data into our aircraft maintenance management system and managing a broad array of administrative tasks for the wider team.
This is an opportunity to provide critical technical and administrative support to Special Mission operations and grow a career in a dynamic business offering innovative solutions to our government aviation contracts.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a highly efficient strong communicator, who’s capable of working autonomously and isn’t afraid of a challenge.
Working in a fast paced and high-volume role, we need someone who will thrive in this environment, who can keep on top of current directions and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
What will I have to do?
This will be an agile role that will evolve to match business needs, but examples of your responsibilities could include the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Fleet, Head of Logistics, Head of Design and the Safety and Quality Manager.
- Be responsible for the administration of the system for authorisations of engineers to perform maintenance – including maintaining a database with details of authorised engineers and keeping records of each assessment/authorisation process.
- Keep records of the qualifications, training and authorisation (if applicable) of staff in the department, including any contracted personnel authorised to perform functions within the section.
- Maintain and control Aircraft Flight Manuals revision status for all Special Mission aircraft.
- Update the Design Database (TSI, EO, DWG, TSR)
- Act as a liaison for all IT issues.
- Manage travel for the department.
What skills and experience do we need?
- Certificate III in Business Administration (desirable)
- Relevant experience within a fast-paced administration role
- Intermediate to advanced skills within the MS Suite of systems
Essential skills you should have:
- Highly organised and efficient
- Compliance focussed – we work in a highly regulated industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – this role will involve liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, updating spreadsheets and preparing reports
- Tech savvy – you will need to be confident in the use of Microsoft Office products and have the ability to pick up and work with other systems as required
Who are we?
Cobham Aviation Services is headquartered in Adelaide and operates services nationally across Australia. Our Regional Services business offers closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas. Our Special Mission business operates the world’s largest outsourced surveillance operation and has search-and-rescue capability across nearly 10 per cent of the earth’s surface.
How do I apply?
If you think you have what we are looking for, please apply by clicking on the link and provide a CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia without restrictions and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.