- Mentoring and training provided for a specialized role
- Non-Flying Position
- $80,000 – $90,000 + Super
Cobham Regional Services is a market leader in the provision of fly-in-fly-out services in the Australian marketplace. Demonstrating a long-term commitment to innovation, service excellence, safety and performance, we are the first and only operator of the Q400 to unpaved runways – another demonstration of Cobham’s market-leading innovation. Our new aircraft fleet offers a modern level of service and comfort to some of the world’s leading global resources companies.
Cobham Regional Services acts as a critical link in the energy and resources sector, providing fly-in/fly-out (FIFO) services in support of mining, oil and gas projects throughout Australia. We also provide flexible, bespoke charter flights with a full range of service options to Australia’s city centres and regional destinations. We have been investing in the future of FIFO by progressively renewing our fleet with modern aircraft that provide greater flexibility of rosters, suitability for regional aerodromes, increased reliability, and low carbon emissions.
Our ability to outperform the market relies upon the contribution of our talented staff. We are excited to present you with an opportunity to explore your place within our ambitious team.
About the role
This position will support the Flight Operations and Safety Department to ensure compliance with relevant Civil Aviation Orders, Regulations and associated legislation.
Below are some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role:
- Manage and produce the Flight Operations Support manuals and publications
- Review Aerodrome obstacle survey data and annual technical inspections for NJE operations
- Liaise with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and Air services Australia on all Flight Operations Support issues under the direction of the HOFO
- Research and report on Operational Support Systems suitable to enhance business operations
- Administer Flight Crew EFBs and their content
- Provision of NOTAM Watch and corresponding advice/solutions as required due to operational changes
- Assisting the Head of Safety in the analysis and feedback of flight surveillance data to the relevant managers within the Flight Operations department
- In conjunction with the Head of Safety ensure LOSA Observers and Cabin Surveillance Observers are adequately trained to conduct surveillance duties
- Prepare flight surveillance and flight data analysis reports as required
- In conjunction with the Head of Safety conduct detailed analysis of flight surveillance data, including Line Operations Safety Audits
- Assist in the identification of situations that may require immediate corrective action in relation to flight safety
- Assist Flight Crew with ad-hoc or disrupt flight planning and aircraft performance data
- Adhere to company standards, in compliance with all the relevant laws, whilst on duty or on the premises of NJE or any of its clients or associated companies
We are interested in hearing from individuals with excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills. To be considered for this position with Cobham, we require the below as mandatory pre-requisites:
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Relevant Civil Aviation Orders and Regulations
- Knowledge of Aviation terminology and acronyms
- Ability to work with confidential information/data
In addition to the above, the below are desirable:
- Experience in a similar role
- Capable of holding a quality auditor accreditation
- Qualification (tertiary or otherwise), in Aviation or a related technical discipline
- Currently hold, or have held, a Flight Crew license
What Cobham can offer you
- Cobham encourage work-life balance with our employees
- Staff discounts across Superannuation, Health Clubs, Hotels and Travel
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A company that values each and every employee offering professional growth
If you are ready for a new and rewarding career, submit your application today.
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position with Cobham Aviation, we strongly suggest you submit a Cover letter briefly explaining your engagement and involvement within the aviation industry thus far. A member of our Human Resources team will be in contact should your application be shortlisted.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position with Cobham Aviation, please submit a Cover letter outlining the essential criteria along with an updated resume and a member of our Human Resources team will be in contact should your application be shortlisted.
The following section Competencies and Assets is to be completed by the Recruitment Team only