Apprenticeship – Avionics / Electrical Aircraft Engineer
If you are interested in a career as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) who inspects, tests, aligns, repairs, and installs aircraft electrical and avionic system components then we would love to hear from you. We are based at Essendon Airfields, Melbourne.
This role includes but is not limited to:
- dismantles, inspects, tests, and repairs, engine monitoring systems and components, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and sub-assemblies of aircraft frames
- installs electrical circuits and equipment
- tests aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised apparatus
- involved in system upgrades and working towards electrifying the aircraft to emerging technologies
- replaces and tests aircraft oxygen system components
- assembles parts and sub-assemblies of aircraft frames
- conducts routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintains records of action taken
A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (avionics) is required to work as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) and this course is offered as part of this apprenticeship.
We also offer:
- A fantastic team culture.
- Free parking.
- We are also extremely handy to Essendon Fields retail and food outlets.
Please only apply if you are currently living in Australia are an Australian citizen or have a permanent Visa. Only those who are short listed for the role will be contacted.
If this role sounds like it is tailor made for you and everything you have been looking for then please apply with a cover letter on Seek.