HeliSpirit is a leading aviation company with its head office in Kununurra and additional bases located throughout the Kimberley, Pilbara and Northern Territory, and is looking to fill the key management role of Charter Operations Manager located in Kununurra. With a history of 38 years of helicopter operations, HeliSpirit proudly provides charter, contract and tourism helicopter services which are supported by its own maintenance facility. The fleet consists of approximately twenty-five helicopters including AS350, B206, B206L, R66, R44 and R22 aircraft types.
The Charter Operations Manager role will suit you if you are seeking a key management role in a successful and expanding aviation company spread over a large geographical area. This key position is very client focused and will require the ability to deal with government, corporate, and private clients whilst also managing the day-to-day operations of a highly complex helicopter operation in an efficient and organised manner.
Kununurra is a great place to live for both individuals and families with two good schools and an active local community. If you enjoy water sports, team sports, fishing, camping, and other social events all located in a pristine environment and believe the Charter Operations Manager role would suit your enthusiasm and capabilities, then you should submit your application to join HeliSpirit’s progressive and rapidly expanding business.
About the role
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Charter Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day operations of the business whilst ensuring that Company policy is adhered to with a key focus on safety and continual improvement across all aspects of the Company operations. The Charter Operations Manager will be directly responsible to communicate with key clients in a professional manner, ensuring contractual and legal obligations are meet. The role will also involve the development of new clients and business opportunities.
This is a full-time position based in Kununurra and will involve travel, particularly in the Kimberley and Pilbara.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead optimal operational efficiency through effective planning and management of fleet and manpower
- Manage key client relationships by ensuring regular and professional contact is maintained
- Drive business development opportunities, including participation in the development of tenders and actively seeking out new business
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Contribute to short and long-term organisational planning and strategy
- Assist in the effective management of the helicopter fleet, ensuring that maintenance is undertaken in a manner that provides for maximum asset availability and utilisation of engineering personnel
- Develop contingency plans for times of unscheduled maintenance
- Provide leadership to support a customer service culture
- Manage staff including assisting with the preparation of crew rosters, performance development and succession planning
- Previous aviation management experience is essential
- Strong computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact confidently with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated history in managing, motivating and leading a diverse team
- A positive, proactive “can do” attitude
- Strong administrative, time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle challenging and stressful situations with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to obtain and maintain ASIC
What we offer
- An attractive salary
- Personal development opportunities to gain experience in a diverse, inclusive company
- Key management role in a professional and safety focused industry leading aviation organisation
- A strong and effective team environment
- Salary Sacrifice/salary packaging benefits available
Please apply through Seek
How to apply
To apply, please submit your current resume and covering letter addressing your suitability to the role through Seek
Only applications submitted with a cover letter will be considered.
No agency applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.