HeliSpirit is proud to be a leading provider of rotary wing aviation services in north-west Australia and endeavours to operate at the highest standard of compliance, safety and professionalism. Offering an impressive range of services across utility, charter, tourism and specialised flight training, HeliSpirit operate R22, R44, R66, B206, B206L and AS350 aircraft. HeliSpirit’s substantial in-house aircraft and component maintenance capacity is a key component of its operations, performing both internal and external maintenance. The company holds a CASA Certificate of Approval for the maintenance of aircraft and is an Approved Robinson Service Centre.
HeliSpirit is seeking a highly motivated individual with demonstrated leadership qualities to join our team in Kununurra in the role of Head of Maintenance. This is a full-time position, and the right candidate will have the ability to work in a team environment overseeing the engineering department. The right candidate will provide strong safety and compliance leadership and drive a culture of continual improvement.
This role is based in Kununurra, located in the iconic Kimberley region and would suit someone who enjoys the outdoors and is keen to relocate to a spectacular part of Australia. Attractive remuneration and a great work-life balance is available for the right candidate with a negotiable start date in the first quarter of 2021.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head of Maintenance is responsible for all maintenance carried out by the company. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out aircraft and component maintenance.
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner to the standards required by the regulatory authority and client requirements.
- Ensuring all maintenance personnel are assessed and appropriately authorised to perform maintenance tasks in accordance with their qualifications, experience and training in conjunction with the Head of Quality & Safety.
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures detailed in the company Maintenance Organisation Manual (MOM) reflect work practices and advise the Head of Quality & Safety when alternations and improvements can be made.
- Planning for upcoming maintenance and allocation of resources as required in conjunction with the HAAMC/Maintenance Planner, including manpower and the provision of tooling, equipment, materials and data for that work.
- In conjunction with the HAAMC/Maintenance Planner, ensuring that all regulatory, manufacturer and company maintenance requirements are complied with in accordance with current approved data/instructions for continuing airworthiness (ICA).
- Liaising with Stores Manager to prepare estimates (quotes) and to ensure the procurement and/or availability of stocked parts and consumables for planned maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring that management and/or the customer is always kept appraised of any delays and expenditure over and above the current work scope.
- Liaising with the HAAAMC/Maintenance Planner and the Maintenance Coordinator to ensure all aircraft records are updated in accordance with CASA requirements.
- Monitoring staff for performance.
- Liaison with the Quality & Safety Department on matters relating to company policy.
- Providing positive direction and leadership to the maintenance team and delegating responsibility when required.
- Responsible for representing the maintenance department during internal and external audits.
- Adhering to the Safety Management System, including the reporting of hazards, incidents and accidents.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years in a fulltime role during the last 5 years is required.
- Relevant qualification level – minimum AQF Certificate IV or higher