Airnorth are recruiting for a Ground Operations Training and Standards Coordinator to join our Ground Operations Department based in Darwin. This role is a permanent full-time salaried position, working a mixture of standard office hours and operational hours as required. The role will be required to regularly travel to meet company requirements.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and maintain standard operating procedures relating to ground operations and airport operations as directed by Reporting Managers
- Contribute to the development of and maintain a comprehensive training and assessment suite for both Ramp and Customer services in line with the Ground Operations Manual
- Undertake and complete, on an annual basis, Port Trainer performance appraisals including assess, discuss and facilitate staff training requirements
- Conduct initial and recurrence training for train the trainer and Ground staff in line with Airnorth and Regulatory time frames ensuring compliance with acceptable standards
- Conduct regular audits and compliance checks to ensure Airnorth’s products, procedures and operational requirements are being carried out by airports in line with regulatory and Company standards
- Provide ongoing support and feedback to all Airnorth approved Ground Operations trainers and managers on operational observations to ensure consistency and to mitigate complacency
- Provide direction in support of the Company Safety Management System and actively seek to assess, identify and communicate to management any hazards or health and safety issues identified within the workplace
- Maintain training records and matrices in line with Company and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and review outport and local compliance with maintenance of Airnorth and regulatory training and matrices
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with airport trainers and managers
- Actively promote a positive learning, reporting and compliance culture in all ports, ensuring trainers and managers have the resources and tools necessary to achieve it
- Complete and provide reporting on Training progress, training standards and operational standards to Training and Standards Manager as directed.
- Actively communicate and work with other members of the Training and Standards team to ensure consistency and eliminate significant variance in procedures and training.
- Support teams within the Ground Operations Department when required, including but not limited to, Customer Service Officers and Ramp.
- Other operational duties within your ability and skillset as requested by your Manager
We are looking for someone who possesses the following but not limited to:
- Previous experience in aviation, preferably within Ground Operations and/or Network Operations roles
- High level commitment to safety
- Ability to determine Training Needs and develop training and assessment packages, tailored to suit varying operational environments and learning levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skill and knowledge to design ground operations training courses
- Proficiency in analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and budgets
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy (MS Office, airline systems and training software, preferably Amadeus, Galileo based systems)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to adapt to different situations as required
- High level of flexibility, as this role incorporates a significant amount of travel and adhoc requirements.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- Experience with computer-based training and assessment. software
- Good understanding of RPT and Charter aviation operations
Airnorth offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on international travel, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
Applicants available for an immediate start will be highly desirable. All training will be provided at the commencement of employment.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia and a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.