The HMC Group has extensive aviation, tourism and accommodation operations in some of the most iconic regions of Australia and is seeking to appoint a Safety Specialist – Risk.
The HMC Group is a collection of quality businesses under common ownership and has expanded rapidly in both geographic location and size of operations over the past 8 years.
The HMC Group currently has offices in Perth, Kununurra, Broome, Karratha, Geraldton and Adelaide, and has an expanding team approaching 400 employees, with further and substantial business growth forecast over the next five years.
Enterprises within the Group include:
Nexus Airlines – Western Australia’s newest regional airline, servicing Western Australia and beyond.
Aviair – One of Australia’s largest and leading fixed wing general aviation operators with charter, scheduled services and scenic flights operating throughout the Kimberley and Pilbara regions for corporate, mining, government and tourism clients.
HeliSpirit – HeliSpirit offers tourism helicopter services from eleven spectacular locations in the Kimberley, Pilbara, and Goldfields regions, as well as a range of corporate and charter helicopter services in the north west of WA.
Australian Helicopter Academy – Providing commercial helicopter pilot training.
Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge & Guided Tours – Eco-accommodation in the heart of Purnululu National Park & Guided walking tours with a focus on indigenous training and employment whilst also providing authentic indigenous tourism experiences.
Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments – Kununurra’s leading accommodation offering with sixty resort style apartments.
The PumpHouse Restaurant – an iconic Kununurra dining establishment on the banks of the Ord River offering a quality dining option to locals and visitors alike.
Kimberley Experiences – providing specialist and personalised Kimberley travel itineraries by highly experienced travel designers.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Aviation Safety Manager the role of Safety Specialist – Risk will be primarily responsible for but not limited to:
- Risk Assessment – facilitate comprehensive risk assessments across all operational areas within the Group. Identity potential safety hazards and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders to gather data and insight for the purpose of accurate risk analysis.
- Safety Planning – development and implementation of effective safety plans, policies and procedures.
- Regulatory Compliance – participate in audits, address non-compliance issues promptly and maintain current knowledge if relevant Safety regulations and standards.
- Incident Investigation – ability to conduct comprehensive investigations into safety incidents and near misses to identify root causes.
- Data Analysis and Reporting – utilise data analytics to identify trends, areas of improvement and Safety related KPIs.
- Training and Awareness – design and deliver safety training programs to educate employees on potential risks, preventive measures and risk management.
To be successful in this role
- A minimum of 3+ years in an audit/risk management role
- Previous aviation industry experience is advantageous but not essential
- Formal safety investigation training
- Experience in implementing quality and/or risk management frameworks
- Solid understanding of risk and compliance principles
- SMS training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster an environment of open communication and collaboration at both a team level and across the wider Group
- Analytical with strong research and organisational skills
- Ability to travel domestically (largely within WA) as required
- Efficient in the MS Office suite, with a particular focus on advanced Excel and database skills
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link here https://www.seek.com.au/job/73457025 and submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.