Rex is Australia’s largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and 6 Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 62 destinations throughout all states in Australia. In addition to the airline Rex, the Rex Group comprises wholly owned subsidiaries Pel-Air Aviation (air freight, aeromedical and charter operator) and the two pilot academies, Australian Airline Pilot Academy in Wagga Wagga and Ballarat.
Rex is known for its warmth and hospitality, providing a link between the city and regional Australia.
We are looking for individuals who are able to exemplify our values to join the team in a full time capacity as a solo Flight Attendant on the Saab340.
As a solo Flight Attendant you manage your own cabin and have the opportunity to provide a personalised service, whilst travelling to some unique destinations.
The role involves responsibility for passenger safety as well as providing a genuine and caring service to all our passengers.
Some of the duties you will perform are equipment/security checks, in-flight announcements, in-flight food and beverage service, turnaround cleaning duties as well as dealing with situations that may occur in the cabin.
Whilst it is a role offering work /life balance you must be willing to work shift work, work on weekends and public holidays and there will be some nights spent away from home.
It is a rewarding position where every day is different.
To meet requirements you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be no taller than 173 cm
- Hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID011)
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Be Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Be able to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- Have experience in customer service
- Be able to swim fully clothed without aid or floating device
- Be flexible (working hours will vary and will include weekends and public holidays)
- Have a high level of personal presentation
- Have a natural willingness to please and care for people.
Extensive training will be provided – flying experience is not required.
Please note: Under the Rex Group COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy all new customer-facing frontline employees must be fully vaccinated with an Australian Government Department of Health approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of vaccination and all other employees must follow the requirements as outlined in the Policy.
How to apply
Please submit your application by providing a copy of your resume and answering our screening questions via our careers page (use this link): https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8545780
You must apply via the above link and complete ALL the screening questions to be considered for this position. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.