The Royal Flying Doctor Service South Eastern Section (RFDSSE) seeks to appoint a Principal Advisor Safety Assurance based at the Surry Hills office in Sydney. In this role you will be required to foster and enable a continuous improvement culture by supporting the operational teams, lead risk and assurance activities, developing training and promotional initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Assurance, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct internal aviation audits with the purpose of assessing system compliance to applicable regulations, standards, and contract requirements and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Lead and/or coordinate aviation investigations and associated root cause analysis activities to identify corrective and preventative actions.
- Lead the development of quality and safety directives, policies, plans, processes and program applicable work instructions.
- Leading the Aviation Supplier Approval Program, including conducting onsite supplier audits.
- Leading Engineering and Airworthiness risk management activities.
- Track, monitor, measure, and report the health and performance of the quality management system and support, as necessary, remediation response to any performance indicators.
- Manage the calibrated tooling program.
- Support emergency response and business continuity activities.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A minimum technical and/or further education qualifications in either Quality Management, Engineering (holder of B1 or B2 License is highly desirable), or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience conducting system audits and hold a lead auditor qualification.
- Demonstrated experience conducting investigations, including an understanding of human factors and non-technical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements of Civil Aviation Safety Authority Regulations Parts 66, 145, 147 & 42.
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO 31000: 2018 and ISO 9001:2015 principles.
- Advanced computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
For more information about the Principal Advisor Safety Assurance position: Please email Head of Risk and Assurance, Sarah Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0430 491 297.
To apply: Apply online at our website www.flyingdoctor.org.au/careers, please include your CV and Cover Letter addressing the minimum requirements of the role.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday, 20 October 2021
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.