The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service South Eastern Section (RFDSSE) seeks to appoint a Principal Advisor Safety Assurance (Flight Operations) based at the Surry Hills office in Sydney. In this role, you will be required to foster and enable a continuous improvement culture by supporting the operational teams, lead risk and assurance activities, develop training and safety promotional initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Assurance, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of incident reports, change management activities and findings/actions in the incident reporting software.
- Perform aviation investigations and associated root cause analysis activities to identify corrective and preventative actions.
- Lead the development of quality and safety directives, policies, processes and program applicable work instructions.
- Lead the Flight Data Analysis Program by presenting trends and recommendations to relevant safety committees.
- Analysis, evaluation and report on the performance of the safety management system and support, as necessary, remediation response to any performance indicators.
- Prepare evidence-based reports to address safety issues and contribute to the continual improvement of the Safety and Quality Management System.
- Support Flight Operations risk management activities.
- Support emergency response and business continuity activities.
- Conduct regular internal flight operation audits to maximise efficiency and compliance to applicable regulations, standards, and contract requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Technical and/or further education qualifications in either Quality Management, Safety Management, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Flying experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience conducting safety investigations, including an understanding of human factors and non-technical skills and analysing flight data from a Flight Data Analysis Program (FDAP).
- Demonstrated experience conducting system audits and hold a lead auditor qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of Civil Aviation Safety Authority Regulations related to Flight Operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Advanced computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
For more information about the Principal Advisor Safety Assurance (Flight Operations) position: Please email Head of Risk and Assurance, Sarah Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0430 491 297.
To apply: Apply online at our website www.flyingdoctor.org.au/careers, please include your CV and Cover Letter addressing the minimum requirements of the role.
Applications close 5:00pm Sunday, 31 October 2021
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDSSE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.