Aviation Meteorological Products and Services
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia’s national weather, climate and water agency. The Bureau operates in accordance with both Australian Government legislation and international obligations to provide a range of services, including the provision of aviation weather services.
The Bureau of Meteorology’s Aviation Weather Services provides aviation users with meteorological information necessary for safe and efficient civil aviation operations.
The service includes the provision of:
- forecasts; and
- warnings and advisories.
Our Aviation functions also include:
- Provision of aeronautical climatological information;
- Research and development;
- Quality management of aviation weather services;
- Investigations into aviation weather-related incidents;
- Liaison with the meteorological community and the aviation industry;
- Participation in international aviation meteorology through ICAO and World
- Participation in international aviation meteorology through ICAO and World Meteorological Organization (WMO) forums.
These services are provided within the technical and regulatory framework of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
Regional Aviation Weather Services
700 Collins Street
Docklands VIC 3008
GPO Box 1289
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 07 3735 5097