The PowerJet joint venture – a first – between Western and Russian engine manufacturers Snecma and NPO Saturn began in 1997, when Snecma subcontracted the production of CFM56 engine parts to NPO Saturn.
The PowerJet facilities at VolgAero, were founded in 2005 in Rybinsk and is a state-of-the-art production plant which makes parts for the SaM146, as well as parts and assemblies for other engines produced by the two parent companies.
In 2007, Snecma and NPO Saturn built an open-air test cell in Poluevo, Russia (near Rybinsk) to handle certification tests for their SaM146 engine. It is the only open-air test facility for this type of engine in Europe and it also provides test services for other engines.
PowerJet offers a single point-of-contact for all aftersales services on the complete propulsion system, with a team dedicated to each customer. This customer support draws on the extensive experience of Snecma (via CFM) and NPO Saturn to meet all airline expectations.
The Customer Support Center (CSC) is based in France and can answer customer questions from anywhere in the world, with an AOG hotline open 24/7. They provide:
- Engine Data & Documentation Center for all customers, directly accessible via the web portal.
- Front & back-office support to provide optimized technical solutions.
- 80 Field Reps plus 11 Technical Support Centers worldwide.
- Distribution centers (to date, 2 in France and 1 in Russia) supplying all spare parts.
- MRO Centers (to date, one in France and one in Russia).
- Customer staff training, with two complete training centers, in France and Russia