The Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA) and Ansett Aviation Training are pleased to invite applications for the Ansett Aviation Training Pilot Scholarships for 2019.
Funded by Ansett Aviation Training it is intended that two (2) scholarships will be awarded as an encouragement to the continuing education of promising pilots. The scholarship winners will complete a Rating course on either the Beechcraft Super Kingair B200 or Fairchild Metroliner III/23 aircraft. The total cost of the courses will be covered by Ansett Aviation Training. Either course will take twelve (12) working days and at the successful completion of the course and simulator training the recipients will complete a final check ride to confirm they have reached a competent standard. Included in the Rating are 3 take-off and landings in the applicable aircraft to complete CASA requirements. Ansett Aviation Training and/or the RAAA are not responsible or liable for any travel costs required by the scholarship winners, however, Ansett Aviation Training will provide accommodation and car hire for the duration of the course.
Application for the Ansett Aviation Training Pilots Scholarship is open to pilots who are Australian Citizens and have the following minimum qualifications:
- 1000 Hours (Total Flying Hours)
- Instrument Rating Multi Engine Aircraft (MEA)
- ATPL holders or CPL holders with passes in ATPL Theoretical subjects.
The selection criteria for the Ansett Aviation Training Scholarship include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic attainment and willingness to progress as a pilot
- Course attendance and demonstration of high levels of airmanship
- Progress in, plus contribution to, aviation and the work place
- Special awards or achievements
- The benefits associated with receiving scholarship assistance