Since our inception, Airnorth now operates some of the youngest modern jet fleet for a regional airline, offering premier air services to Australia’s most remote and unique destinations across Australia and transporting travellers into some of the world’s most challenging environments. Our people who make us who we are, and as we continue to evolve as a business, it’s the passion, knowledge and pioneering vision of our team that inspires and motivates us to deliver on our promise: to provide our customers with the best in class regional air services.
We are looking for a Fleet Maintenance Controller to join our team.
The primary responsibility of the Fleet Maintenance Controller ensures the continuing airworthiness requirements are met for aircraft operated by Airnorth. This position coordinates with the Operations and Airworthiness Departments in preparation of the scheduled maintenance plans, ensuring the Continuing Airworthiness obligations of the company are met.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Be responsible for the control of all maintenance carried out on the airline fleet (scheduled or unscheduled), ensuring that all maintenance is carried out on or before the specified flight hours, flight cycles or due date.
- Ensure work packs are developed and issued by CAMO staff to the AMO.
- Ensure acquittal of work packs – entry of data into the CMMS, compilation and filing of documents into appropriate logbooks.
- Be responsible for maintaining the Routine Task Cards within the CMMS.
- Check that any amendments of the CAPM, AMP’s and MELs meet regulatory and company requirements before submission to CASA or an authorised person for approval.
- Coordination and production of maintenance plans that specify when and where scheduled maintenance is to be carried out.
- Ensure amendment of the Aircraft Maintenance Programs to meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure that all reported defects (service difficulties) in the aircraft or its components are investigated, and those defects determined to be major defects are reported to CASA in the form and manner as required by CASA.
- Ensure aircraft technical records are maintained in accordance with regulatory and company requirements and transferred to any new Registration Holder of the aircraft.
- Liaise with Flight Operations and Network Operations staff on such matters as aircraft serviceability, scheduling and pilot compliance with the requirements of the CAPM, AMPs, and MELs.
- Liaise between the CAMO Planning, Network Operations and the AMO staff to adjust those plans when unscheduled maintenance must be accommodated.
- Liaise with the CASA on airworthiness and maintenance control matters.
- Provide the Pilot Training requirements to the AMO and arrange for the appropriate Pilot Training to be conducted by the AMO as required; and
- Ensure effective weight control of the fleet.
We are looking for Candidates who possesses the following but not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of the Civil Aviation Act and Regulations.
- Ability to obtain CASA Instrument of Appointment covering Maintenance Control of the company fleet.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
- Ability to author procedure manuals; and
- Ability to interpret and assess aircraft manufacturer technical documentation and report the operational and financial impacts to management.
- Previous proven track record as a Senior Maintenance Planner or Maintenance Controller is a must.
Life at Airnorth:
At Airnorth, we are a family, we care for our employees and offer a flexible workplace that provides an achievable work-life balance. Our core values are Safety, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, and Progress.
Airnorth also offers a range of employee benefits including discounts on domestic and international travel, cruise line discounts, health insurance, gym memberships and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia. As shortlisting will commence immediately, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated