This document was last updated on 15 October 2014
Web browser cookies
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for a variety of information, as appropriate, including name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company details. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to the RAAA. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How we use collected information
The RAAA collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide our products and services, including directory services and classified advertising through a number of media;
- To personalize user experience;
- To improve our Site;
- To gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- To administer and manage those products and services, including any (if applicable) charging, billing and collecting debts;
- To send periodic emails;
- To make changes to your information held by us;
- To respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- If required conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- To prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving this website;
- To maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and via website statistics for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as managing our convention and sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission. Additionally we will diclosue your information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies if required;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing) if required;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our members, partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Regional Aviation Association of Australia
11/26-28 Winchcombe Court
Mitchell ACT 2911
or Send Us An Email using our contact form.