The Regional Aviation Association of Australia and Hawker Pacific Pty Ltd are pleased to invite applications for the Hawker Pacific Aircraft Maintenance (Airframe) Engineers Scholarship.
Funded by Hawker Pacific Pty Ltd with a value of $5,000, it is intended that one (1) scholarship will be awarded as encouragement to the continuing education of a promising Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who has demonstrated a commitment to the aviation industry. The scholarship winner will be announced at the RAAA National Convention and funds may be used to assist with meeting the cost of studies, books and materials, or for accommodation and travel expenses directly related to attending a suitable course.
Application for the Hawker Pacific Aircraft Maintenance (Airframe/ Engines) Engineers Scholarship is open to:
- students who are currently undergoing full-time studies in airframe maintenance at the Certificate IV level, who have completed six months of their studies by and are self funding their engineering studies, or
- apprentices currently employed in the aviation industry who have to be enrolled in their second (2nd) or third (3rd) year of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering apprenticeship in 2019.
The selection criteria for the Hawker Pacific Scholarship include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic attainment
- Course attendance
- Progress in and contribution to the work place
- Special awards or achievements
- The benefits offered by receiving scholarship assistance