Mason Ledger is delighted to be a member of the RAAA and our team looks forward to working with the RAAA, and its members, for many years to come.
Mason Ledger is one of Australia’s fastest growing full-service commercial law firms. We advise airlines, aircraft operators, airports, and other businesses involved in the aviation industry on all aspects of aviation and commercial law.
Mason Ledger consists of partners and lawyers from national/international and preeminent Western Australian law firms. We have united to bring fresh and innovative thinking to the legal profession and deliver more value to clients.
Clients have told us they expect more from their lawyers and want certainty around cost, and we are listening. We have combined the best of traditional law (offering hourly rates that are significantly lower than traditional law firms), value-based pricing, and a fully integrated Recruitment & On Demand Lawyers solution – ensuring we add maximum value to our clients, every time.
We specialise in Aviation, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Employment & Workplace Relations, Energy & Resources, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Projects & Infrastructure, Recruitment & On Demand Lawyers, Tax & Tax Disputes, and Transport & Logistics.
Mason Ledger is a market leader in aviation and aerospace law. We are one of the few specialist aviation practice groups located in the Asia-Pacific region.
We advise Australian and international clients on all aspects of aviation and commercial law including:
- applying for landing rights in Australia for scheduled and charter operations;
- compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks;
- conditions of carriage for passenger transport and cargo;
- drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements including aircraft sale and purchase, aircraft financing, aircraft charter, lease and co-ownership agreements;
- facilitating aviation-related transactions including cross-border transactions;
- liability, safety and security issues;
- protection of financial interests in aircraft assets;
- registration and deregistration of aircraft;
- representing clients in negotiations with Australian and international aviation safety and regulatory agencies and government bodies; and
- the operation and regulation of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones).
Rebecca Johnston – Managing Partner | Head of Aviation, Transport & Logistics
Rebecca is our Managing Partner and leads our Aviation, Transport and Logistics practice group.
Prior to establishing Mason Ledger, Rebecca was the Managing Partner of Legal 500 ranked aviation law firm HodgkinsonJohnston, In-House Counsel at Pilbara Ports Authority and a Director of KBE Legal Hub. Rebecca is known for her straight talking, commercial approach to the law. Her in-house experience means she always puts herself in the client’s shoes when giving advice.
Rebecca and her team advise airlines, aircraft operators, airports, drone operators, port authorities, transport and logistics companies and other corporate entities across the full spectrum of legal issues.
Rebecca is admitted to practice in Australia and New York. She was recognised as Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year (30 or Under) at the 2018 Australasian Law Awards and is ranked as a Leading Individual (Aviation) in Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific 2019 and 2020.
More information on Mason Ledger can be found on our website at www.masonledger.com.au. If you have any questions or we can assist in any way, please reach out to Rebecca Johnston directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0400 663 323.